[LLVMdev] Recommended GCC version for ARM/Linux platform for LLVM compilation.

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Mon Jun 27 07:04:17 PDT 2011

On 27 June 2011 12:10, Karel Gardas <karel.gardas at centrum.cz> wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is not misunderstanding. As far as I know, CodeSourcery
> provides cross-compilers for ARM platforms and not native compilers. In my
> case I'm talking about native compiler running on Cortex-A9 (PandaBoard) and
> compiling LLVM directly on PandaBoard...

Oh, ok. Sorry, my bad.

So, last year we built it in a beagle board using Debian's gcc 4.3.4
and it worked fine. All LLVM (plus a few internal) tests passed
without much trouble.

It seems that the 4.3.4 is not on your list. ;)

But again, that's too fragile. I wonder which gcc the ARM buildbot is
built with, because it does pass all tests once in a while.

cheers,
--renato