[LLVMdev] MC-JIT (any progress?)

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Fri Jun 24 13:23:13 PDT 2011

On Jun 24, 2011, at 12:44 PM, Yuri wrote:

> On 07/19/2010 05:14, Olivier Meurant wrote:
>> Together with Jan Sjodin (in copy of this email), we begin an
>> implementation of the JIT with MC. The idea, suggested by Jan, is to
>> develop a MCJIT in parallel of the current JIT and to keep the two
>> implementations until (at least) the new MC one is mature enough.
>> Currently code is kept on gitorious
>> (http://gitorious.org/llvm-mc-jit/llvm-mc-jit).
>>

> Any progress with this?
> gitorious page shows the last update on Jul 27, 2010.

There's basics for an MC JIT implemented now, but it's not yet full featured enough to replace the old JIT. Have a look at ExecutionEnginer/RuntimeDyld and ExecutionEngine/MCJIT.

It's usable enough for some things; for example, dynamic expression evaluation in lldb. The biggest gaps are more thorough relocation support and lazy compilation.

-Jim