[LLVMdev] ARM thumb-2 instruction used for non-thumb2 CPUs

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Thu Jun 23 02:18:24 PDT 2011

On 23 June 2011 00:24, Evan Cheng <evan.cheng at apple.com> wrote:
> 1. Get all of the tests (which are not using inline asm) passing with -integrated-as.
> 2. Finish up ARM asm parser so integrated-as can support inline asm and to use it to build a standalone assembler.
> 3. Rewrite the ARM disassembler. We don't think the current implementation is good enough for production usage.

Hi Evan,

That's a good roadmap. We can definitely start testing with
integrated-as as of now. Last time I tried, all of them passed with MC
ELF, but we found some bugs on other tests when using our front-end,
which could be many things (I couldn't test with Clang). I have to get
back to it soon.

We're setting up a nightly test for LLVM, it's already running on
Linux (and I believe Windows), but we need OSX and native ARM-Linux
too. We should multiply that by three with integrated-as and MC ELF,
to get a good coverage. We'll report any bug along the way, hopefully
in the form of a patch+test. ;)

The asm parser/disassembler could take a while, though, but that's
feasible in the long run, and I agree it's the right path.

cheers,
--renato