[LLVMdev] ARM thumb-2 instruction used for non-thumb2 CPUs

Damjan Marion damjan.marion at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:42:33 PDT 2011

On Jun 22, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Jim Grosbach wrote:

>> I will try to find those pre-v3 patches.
>>
>> In meantime I wrote a patch which changes to old mnemonics for shift instructions.
>> This fixes compiling on the freebsd.
>
> If this is really the only issue you're seeing, we may be lucky and your binutils already have support for lots of the changes necessary to handle llvm assembly. Let's cross our fingers that's the case.

At this point I will be happy to have ARMv5 assembly working, and seems that this issue is only show-stopper so far.

I also had problem with "internal_relocation (type: OFFSET_IMM) not fixed up" errors while compiling libcsu, but I fixed that with passing -O1 to clang.

> Does your assembler support the other shift mnemonics (e.g., "LSL")? This will change the output for all of them.

Yes, it works for other shift mnemonics. Verified...