[LLVMdev] Memory dependence analysis

Andreas Wilhelm andreas.wilhelm at gmx.com
Wed Jun 22 03:34:43 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to identify dependencies of function-pairs (memory-dependency, control-dependency...) in order to parallelize them.
For aliasing problems I use the DataStructureAnalysis. To solve simple memory- and control-dependency problems I want to use
memdep. But unfortunately I even fail with following simple C++ example...

int a( int n) { return n; }
int b( int n) { return n; }
int c( int n) { return n; }

int main( int argc, char** argv) {

  int x = a( argc);
  b( 0);

  if ( x)
    x = 0;

  return ( c( x));
}

... The result of memdep shows a dependency between the callsite of b() and the call of a(). Why?
Moreover I want to get the dependency between the call to c() and the result of a(). How can I obtain this?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas