[LLVMdev] Simple clang + llc crash on Windows 7

Nathan Jeffords blunted2night at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 20:19:22 PDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Devang Patel <dpatel at apple.com> wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2011, at 3:20 PM, Nathan Jeffords wrote:
>
> > As it happens, I have created a patch that enables DWARF debugging on
> windows. It is against trunk revision 133401. I have tested using clang to
> compile, and mingw to link & debug.
>
> +#include "../Target/X86/X86FixupKinds.h"
>

> This indicates layering violation to me.

I agree with you on this, but after a little digging around, I don't see a
good place to put the dependency on reloc_coff_secrel32. I couple of options
jump to mind, but I don't understand the design well enough to know which is
better.

We could generalize section relative fix-ups by adding a set to
the MCFixupKind enumeration, then only support the 4 byte version for the
COFF object writer.

Another option would be to add a method to MCCodeEmitter to request
that it generate the required fix-up, as it currently seems to be the only
piece of code to produce target specific fix-ups.

> It looks good otherwise. Do you have a testcase ?

I do not have any test case yet, but I will produce some. This is pretty
much the same patch as the one I submitted several months ago. It was
reverted due to causing some build-bot failures. I imagine this will produce
the same problems. I don't know how to go about trouble shooting those
issues.

-Nathan