[LLVMdev] LLVM-based address sanity checker

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Fri Jun 17 00:48:50 PDT 2011

On 16 June 2011 20:57, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com> wrote:
>> I see, maybe you could leave your C implementation as a fall back.
>
> Not easy, because it will require a fallback code in the run time library.
> But yes, possible.

I was thinking more of a build-time fall back, when you're choosing
the platform...

#ifdef __x86_arch
... specific
#else
C-generic
#endif

> Agree. We've been adding APPLE code just recently. Time to split.
> I afraid we'll have to keep a single .cc file and add .h files for os/arch
> specific code to keep inlining under manual control (I don't want to reply
> on the compiler doing cross-cc-file inlining for me).

You might end up with a lot of redundancy.

If inlining is not working as you'd expect, a compile-time static
include (is ugly, but) would be better than to have the same code over
and over.

cheers,
--renato