[LLVMdev] Is LLVM expressive enough to represent asynchronous exceptions?

Renato Golin rengolin at systemcall.org
Wed Jun 15 01:28:08 PDT 2011

On 14 June 2011 19:07, Bill Wendling <wendling at apple.com> wrote:
> My understanding was that we support exceptions thrown from signals. The mechanism for modeling this is unknown to me (it's most likely a gcc thing and not an llvm thing).

Oh, I see. That's a slightly different matter, but still, unwinding
makes little sense when the signal (and thus its exception) can occur
at any time meaning anything.

This does look like a very specific feature for a very specific use
case (which I can't fathom). ;) But I don't think that will be
considered on a possible refactoring of the exception handling in
LLVM.

thanks,
--renato