[LLVMdev] llvm fails on MinGW-32 (Windows) because Python is not supported there

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sat Jun 11 08:49:50 PDT 2011

This page says that llvm works on MinGW:
http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html
I tried to build llvm trunk. llvm build now requires Python:
llvm[2]: Creating 'llvm-lit' script...
/bin/sh: python: command not found

And current stable python version (3.2) doesn't even build on MinGW (see
http://bugs.python.org/issue9098).

What is the solution on MinGW? Maybe Python was introduced into llvm
later without thinking about MinGW?

I think llvm developers should setup an automated nightly build of llvm
on all officially supported platforms, so that such failures of certain
platforms will be visible on daily basis. With modern virtualization
environments it should be possible to do this even on just one computer.

Yuri