[LLVMdev] MachineSink and EFLAGS

Galanov, Sergey sergey.galanov at intel.com
Fri Jun 3 02:59:20 PDT 2011

Hi, Bill and Jakob.

I don't quite understand. I am talking about CMOV_GR* instructions which are conservatively marked as clobbering EFLAGS in X86InstrCompiler.td. Doesn't that mean there cannot be any use of EFLAGS in subsequent instructions before it is defined by some other instruction?

I also don't understand the remark about resetting EFLAGS. What kind of reset is meant? In case of normal branch instructions there is no specific reset instruction and EFLAGS is not marked live-in in successor blocks. How is that different from our case?