[LLVMdev] arm processor support by llvm

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Thu Jun 2 05:29:38 PDT 2011

On 2 June 2011 12:36, vinitha reddy <vinitha210 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the help command when i checked the processors supported by llvm 2.9 it
> showed arm926ej-s. which means thumb mode is supported right? this belongs
> to armv5. but the llvm documentation says thumb mode is supported only for
> armv6 and higher.. does it mean there is only a partial support for this
> processor?

Hi Vinitha,

LLVM does support thumb for ARM9 (llc -march=thumb -mcpu=arm926ej-s file.bc).

Cross-compilation with clang is still not good enough, but you can do
it in two phases (clang+llc) and get thumb correctly generated.

We are working on a patch to simplify cross-compilation on clang, though.

cheers,
--renato