[LLVMdev] llvm-link Patch

Gregory Malecha gmalecha at eecs.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 30 20:56:46 PDT 2011

For my application it is important that I get bit code out the other end and
I couldn't get the linux linker to link llvm. Is there a way to do this with
other tools? I noticed a TODO in the llvm-link.cpp file that said that this
should be done so I figured that that would be the right place to do it.

2011/7/30 Rafael Ávila de Espíndola <rafael.espindola at gmail.com>

> On 2011-07-29 16:16, Gregory Malecha wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm working on a project that involves archive files and since llvm-link
> > does not currently support them, I have a simple patch (attached) to add
> > this functionality. It isn't really efficient (it recomputes the set of
> > symbols that need to be linked in after each link), and it probably has
> > some problems with append linkage, but so far it has been enough for me.
> >
> > I'd like to clean this up and commit it back to llvm. Would someone like
> > to tell me how to proceed?
>
> llvm-link is a very simple developer's tool. Can you use llvm-ld or a
> system linker that supports LLVM IL?
>
> > Thanks.
> >

> Cheers,
> Rafael