[LLVMdev] Problem while selfhosting LLVM and Clang

陳韋任 chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Fri Jul 29 22:33:36 PDT 2011

Hi, all

  I am trying to selfhost LLVM and Clang. Below is my flow,

Step 1. Build LLVM and Clang by using native gcc

$ ../llvm-2.9/configure --prefix=$INSTALL \
--enable-optimized

Step 2. Build LLVM and Clang by using clang built by step 1

$ CC=clang CXX=clang++ ../llvm-2.9/configure \
--prefix=$INSTALL --enable-optimized

  But in step 2, I have a compilation error below,

--
llvm[1]: Compiling Signals.cpp for Release build
In file included from /nfs_home/chenwj/test/llvm-2.9/lib/Support/Signals.cpp:30:

  Do I miss something like missing option or the Clang source needed to
be modified?

  Thanks!

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,