[LLVMdev] sparc assembly code generation with 2.9/final clang and llvm

Gang-Ryung Uh guh at boisestate.edu
Fri Jul 29 13:45:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

     I am getting the following error from LLVM 2.9/Final for the sparc code
 and I wonder whether I am misusing the command line options, which are
shown below;

     clang -ccc-host-triple sparc-unknown-linux -ccc-clang-archs sparc -S
-emit-llvm sample1.c -o sample1.ll

     -->  clang: warning: unknow platform, assuming -mfloat-abi=soft
     -->  error: error reading 'soft'

     In order to get rid of this error, I commented
clang/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp:L680.

     I wonder whether there are any significant the side-effects from
commenting "CmdArgs.push_back("soft");"

     Also, can anyone explain the significance of the option
-ccc-host-triple sparc-unknown-linux?

Thanks,

Gangryung