[LLVMdev] Accessing Dominator Tree

david.dewey at comcast.net david.dewey at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 07:43:22 PDT 2011

Hello,

I am working on a project that requires me to perform some analysis on a bitcode file outside the existing LLVM analysis frameworks (opt, etc.).  In what I am doing, I need to be able to access the dominator tree for a given function.  Is there a way I can instantiate a DominatorTree object outside the existing analysis frameworks?

I have tried several things all along the lines of:

DominatorTree DT;

DT.getBase().recalculate(F);

Everything I have tried results in an assertion failure when trying to access the front() of what I assume is the DominatorTree:

Assertion failed: !empty() && "Called front() on empty list!"

If anyone has an example of how to do this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

David