[LLVMdev] Exception Handling Rewrite Branch

Bill Wendling wendling at apple.com
Tue Jul 26 04:16:13 PDT 2011

For those who are playing along, I've started on the exception handling rewrite following the document and comments from this thread:

	http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-July/041748.html

The repositories are:

	http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/branches/exception-handling-rewrite
	http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/cfe/branches/exception-handling-rewrite

Progress Report:

	I created the two new instructions: landingpad and resume. Hand-modified code can run through the assembler and disassembler and emit the same code. The verifier can verify basic properties of the landingpad instruction.

Next:

	I'll be working on getting inlining to work.

Feel free to respond with questions, comments, and concerns about the design. Also, please take some time to review the patches I submit.

-bw