[LLVMdev] git

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 07:41:43 PDT 2011

Good evening, Chris and guys!

IMHO, we would not need to turn toward Git so early.
Subversion's "linear and numbered" revisions would be meaningful in
common cases yet.

Anyway, it must be happier if we could work with Git, too.

May I propose;

  - "Official" repositories, for committers to push their commits via
ssh public key.
  - Buildbots for committers to check their branches before they would
commit to trunk(master).
    (I am planning to arrange such a "try" buildbots personally.

As guys know, Git (git-svn) would be essential for developer who has
many tweaks and improvements.
(for git newbies, ask google "git topic branch")
and who has some platforms to check on his changes.
It must be happier if developers could work together on branches easily.

Cons. Git is not aware of LF/CRLF. Windows and DOS developers shall be
required to LF-tolerant (and they should not push unnecessary CRLF
files any more)

Happy hacking guys! ...Takumi