[LLVMdev] git

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Wed Jul 20 23:07:56 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:05 PM, David Blaikie <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:

> > - Post-commit triggers need to be ported and kept useful
> > - Special attention to ensure that the existing code review / commit
> email
> > system continues to be effective
>
> As an aside: Would it be possible/practical for the PR/bug numbers to
> be written in a consistent format in checkin descriptions such that
> the commit email machinery hyperlinks to the actual bug, perhaps? (I
> haven't looked at the bug tracking system in detail - I hope it gets
> some kind of link to details about which checkin/revision number fixes
> a bug, too. So that you can go from revisions/checkins to bugs and
> bugs to revisions again)

I've wanted this feature sooo many times that... yea, if I do this, I'll
probably look into implementing it.

Still, I'd leave that and any other features as future work. =] I'm just
trying to see if there is general support for this effort in the community,
and get a plan of action together for tackling it.