[LLVMdev] Question about SimplifyXorInst

Xueying ZHANG s1031770 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 06:38:53 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am master student in Edinburgh, UK. I am doing my MSc project with
LLVM compiler and I
have to modify LLVM to implement the StackGuard with a XOR random
Canary. However, I am
not familiar with LLVM.

My problem is that I want to XOR the random canary word with the
return address which are
both 32 bits. I found a method called SimplifyXorInst(Value *, Value
*, const TargetData
*,const DominatorTree *, unsigned) but I do not know whether it is
right method and how
to use it. Could you give me some advice or sample code about it?

Thank you
Best wishes,
Ying

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.