[LLVMdev] Correct use of StringRef and Twine

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Jul 19 19:02:51 PDT 2011

On Jul 19, 2011, at 10:44 AM, David Blaikie wrote:

> (which raises another side question on a comment I saw Chris make a
> few weeks ago: that llvm/clang (or perhaps the comment was limited to
> llvm only?) wouldn't be migrating to C++0x in the near/foreseeable
> future. Given the ability to selfhost, I was wondering why that would
> be? (My best guess is that clang/llvm can't bootstrap itself yet, so
> it still needs to remain compilable with something that can be
> bootstrapped))

Clang certainly self hosts on unix based platforms.  I have no idea if it self hosts on windows though, and relying on a cross build to windows seems like a bad idea to me :)

That said, I'd really like to see (e.g.) the clang static analyzer get split out into a clang plugin, and then *it* could use c++'0x features.

-Chris