[LLVMdev] StructType::setName(...)

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 07:51:09 PDT 2011

My apologies if this has already been discussed/explained (reference?).

In browsing the new type system implementation, I was wondering if someone could give a simple
example of why one would want to reset the name of a previous realized StructType
instance (setBody(...) has been called). My curiosity is enhanced by the fact that
reseting a name of a StructType instance may result in a symbol table collision which
would result in the renamed name not matching the parameter name to setName(...).
This question is for my own edification. It is not rhetorical.

Thanks in advance

Garrison