[LLVMdev] vmkit runtime errors

Ingmar Kühl ingmar.kuehl at automatic-programming.org
Sun Jul 17 12:49:43 PDT 2011

Hi LLVM developers,

I have successfully installed LLVM 2.9 on an ubuntu linux box, with a
LLVM-based frontend support of gcc and g++. After installing
successfully vmkit I have tried running my java applications, but it
failed. I have installed the latest stable release of vmkit (0.29) using
the introduction text of the LLVM website.

The application does consist of two programs. The first one is a
network-based class loader, the other one is a clojure-based
Lisp-environment.

The network class loader starts slowly with j3, but all is fine at the
first moment. After requesting to load some classes and clojure files
via an emacs session to the second program, I get following exception trace:

Exception in thread "pool-2-thread-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
sun.misc.Unsafe.putObject(Ljava/lang/Object;JLjava/lang/Object;)V
    at sun.misc.Unsafe.putObject(Unsafe.java:0)
    at
java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.setBlocker(LockSupport.java:107)
    at
java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:196)
    at
java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue$TransferStack.awaitFulfill(SynchronousQueue.java:424)
    at
java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue$TransferStack.transfer(SynchronousQueue.java:323)
    at java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue.poll(SynchronousQueue.java:874)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.getTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:506)
    at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:703)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:743)
    at java.lang.VMThread.run(VMThread.java:120)

The second program is at this moment started with a SUN (ORACLE) runtime
standard edition and is in good condition.

If I try also to start the clojure environment with j3 I get the
following exception trace:

./clojure_swank_server.sh
    at opencommunication.InitClojure.main(InitClojure.java:60)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.Exception: Unable to
resolve symbol: def in this context (core.clj:13)
    at clojure.lang.RT.<clinit>(RT.java:368)
    at opencommunication.InitClojure.main(InitClojure.java:60)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: def in this
context (core.clj:13)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:5199)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:5148)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler$InvokeExpr.parse(Compiler.java:3076)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSeq(Compiler.java:5363)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:5186)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:5148)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler.eval(Compiler.java:5412)
    at clojure.lang.Compiler.load(Compiler.java:5798)
    at clojure.lang.RT.loadResourceScript(RT.java:407)
    at clojure.lang.RT.loadResourceScript(RT.java:397)
    at clojure.lang.RT.load(RT.java:474)
    at clojure.lang.RT.load(RT.java:447)
    at clojure.lang.RT.doInit(RT.java:482)
    at clojure.lang.RT.<clinit>(RT.java:366)
    ...1 more
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: def in this