[LLVMdev] Pass Question

Jian Cai caij2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 14:42:36 PDT 2011

Hi, I am trying to write a pass and add it into the LLVM optimizer so to insert functions for optimization before and after every function call.For example, I create a test file test.c. There is  a function f1() just printing out "Print f1", which is called in the main function. That's all the test.c do. Now I want to
 insert optimazation function opt_begin() before f1() and opt_end() after by adding the command line of my pass in the compilation option of llvm-gcc. Does anyone  have any idea about how to implement this? I would really
 appreciate if anyone can help me out, since I was stuck by this question for really  a long time.

Jian