[LLVMdev] Is it possible to store some info and use it after emitting the bitcode file?

kobe James god.son2046 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jul 13 16:16:13 PDT 2011

Hi All,

Specifically, the problem is that I want to insert a string into  the source
code. When the source code is compiled by the compiler into  bitcode file such
info will be extracted and stored somewhere else, and  the compiler only
compiles the original source code.

An example is like:
a1.cpp:
int main()
{
    int a = 0;
    cout << a << endl;
}

I'd like to insert one string
a2.cpp:
int main()
{
    CheckSthHere;
    int a = 0;
    cout << a << endl;
}

I hope to extract such information out a2.cpp and compile only  a1.cpp. After
compiling a1.cpp into bitcode file I can still get that  string information back
and do some analysis.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.