[LLVMdev] overflow check

Pranav Bhandarkar pranavb at codeaurora.org
Wed Jul 13 12:09:16 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have three constants (B, C and V) and V = B + C. I want to find out if B +
C wraps around. The way I'll do it is, assuming B and C are both positive,
to check if V < B or C.
For this I need the values of B, C and V. I tried using APInt as below.
***
If (isa<Constant> (B) && isa<Constant> (C) && isa<Constant>(V)) {
      ConstantInt *CV = dyn_cast<ConstantInt>(V);
      ConstantInt *CB = dyn_cast<ConstantInt>(B);
      ConstantInt *CC = dyn_cast<ConstantInt>(C);
      if (CV && CB && CC) {
        const APInt &VVal = CV->getValue();
        const APInt &BVal = CB->getValue();
        const APInt &CVal = CC->getValue();
******

But isn't APInt considered to represent unsigned integers ? Is there another
way of doing this ?

Thanks in advance,
Pranav