[LLVMdev] LLVM on ARM testing.

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Fri Jul 8 02:29:33 PDT 2011

On 8 July 2011 09:31, Karel Gardas <karel.gardas at centrum.cz> wrote:
> I'm not sure, I don't test on x86, but my general feeling about LLVM-2.9
> on x86 and ARM, was that x86 was in better shape -- that was a time I
> tested on x86...

Unfortunately, that's how it is. This is why your tests are so important.

> All the questions above are answered with simple answer: I'm using
> system (i.e. ubuntu) provided GCC (except linaro) and so the params are
> those Ubuntu package maintaners used. On linaro I'm using ARM mode based
> on the experience with 4.4.1 which also uses ARM mode and looks better
> than 4.4.3/4.5.2 which are using thumb by default.

I see. You seem not to be hitting any execution error, so that's secondary.

> No, I've not tried to use VFPv3/NEON yet.

You probably are, not intentionally. Some of your compilation options
demanded VFPv3, so it should generate some of it (at least a few
VMOVs). Again, that's secondary.

thanks,
--renato