[LLVMdev] Dynamic Optimization selection for individual functions

Sameer Kulkarni sameer at thekulkarni.com
Wed Jul 6 17:59:30 PDT 2011

Hi All,
I am trying to write a machine learning algorithm that would predict a good
optimization to apply to a given function. I wanted to perform this by
modifying the list of optimizations applied by the FPPassManager based on
some dynamic data.
At present I was trying to do this by modifying the
FPPassManager::runOnFunction(Function) implementation. However this is
causing the following error:
"LLVM ERROR: 'main' label emitted multiple times to assembly file"
I may be applying a few passes multiple times. Could anyone with an
understanding of the PassManager shed some light on this?
Thanks,
Sameer

 --
Sameer Kulkarni