[LLVMdev] LLVM on ARM testing.

Renato Golin renato.golin at arm.com
Tue Jul 5 03:20:44 PDT 2011

On 3 July 2011 21:32, Karel Gardas <karel.gardas at centrum.cz> wrote:
> please see http://ghcarm.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/llvm-on-arm-testing/
>
> Is there anything other I might do for you to get those regressions fixed?

Hi Karel,

This is great!

I can see there's only a handful of errors. All JIT errors seem to be
the same (MC). All O2 errors, too (MIPS). The select.ll error was
fixed by Eli last month, so not to worry.

Do we have a similar thing for x86? Just to make sure the Mips errors
are not ARM specific.

About your configure options, I have some questions:

- You use "--with-arch=armv6 --with-tune=cortex-a8", shouldn't it be armv7?

- You're using softfp on Cortex-A8, have you tried with VFPv3/NEON?

- On GCC 4.4.5 you're using "--with-float=softfp --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16"
and (correctly) "--with-arch=armv7-a", which mode prevails? Soft or
hard?

- You're using Thumb on 4.4.5 and 4.5.2 only, any special reason not
to use Thumb on previous GCCs?

cheers,
--renato