[LLVMdev] LLVM on ARM testing.

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Sun Jul 3 13:32:54 PDT 2011

Hello,

I asked here for kind of reference GCC version which LLVM development
team is using for *native* testing on ARM hardware. (no cross
compilation!) last week or so. I've been curious myself how the
situation looks and so I tested LLVM 2.9 as a reference point and LLVM
HEAD as of June 29 on ARMv7 (two boards with two different Ubuntu
versions) compiled by GCC 4.3.4, 4.4.1, 4.4.5, 4.5.2, 4.6.1 Linaro
2011.05 and 4.6.1 Linaro 2011.06. It looks like LLVM HEAD does have
about 28 regressions in comparison with LLVM 2.9. If you are curious to
know more or to get actual `make check' logs for all the combinations
please see http://ghcarm.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/llvm-on-arm-testing/

Is there anything other I might do for you to get those regressions fixed?

Thanks,
Karel