[LLVMdev] Newbie question on Clang

Richard Gomes rgomes1997 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 21:33:11 PST 2011

Hi ALL,

This is my first post here.
I'd like to ask for directions in regards to Clang.

This is what I'd like to do:

I'd like to extract function prototypes from a large C++ code base.
I dont need to generate code for any target platform; I just need
function prototypes.

I know I can use ctags, like this:

     find ~/sources/cpp-library -name '*.*pp' > files.lst
     ctags -x --c++-kinds=pf --language-force=c++ -h .hpp -L files.lst

... but the output is not very convenient, because ctags only does a
textual extraction.

Ideally, I'd like to extract information from the AST so that all
typedefs and template types would be already resolved. Something like this:

class C
	double function
		double argument
	double operator+
		double op

Note: any recommendation in regards to typedefs and templates?

My aim is (later!) to do more or less the same with a large Java library
and compare output of these two things, so that I can guarantee that the
Java library implements properly the C++ APIs.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot :)

--
Richard Gomes
http://www.jquantlib.org/index.php/User:RichardGomes

JQuantLib is a library for Quantitative Finance written in Java.
http://www.jquantlib.com/
twitter: jquantlib