[LLVMdev] Cross-compiling the ARM toolchain

Emmanuel Blot eblot.ml at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 05:35:11 PST 2011

>> I'm used to build GCC (4.x) toolchains with newlib, but how can I do
>> the same with llvm-gcc ?
> Pretty much same way as with gcc. E.g. via --with-newlib, etc.

I successfully built llvm+clang, but it seems that the newlib library
files have neither been compiled nor installed.

With GCC (at the time 4.5.2), the build steps are straightforward:
newlib/ and libgloss/ directories should be copied/linked to the top
level directory of the GCC source directory, and the --with-newlib
option switch enabled as a 'configure' parameter.
The library gets built along with GCC, and installed into the GCC
destination folders (libc.a, libm.a, ... as well as the header files)

Is there some specific commands/option switches to build the newlib
library files with llvm+clang ?

Thanks,
Emmanuel