[LLVMdev] Circular Deps from CMake build using makefile

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 14:12:53 PST 2011

[ 73%] Regenerating
/Users/samuraicrow/Documents/workspace/llvm-trunk-build/tools/llvm-config/LibDeps.txt.tmp

[ 73%] Updating
/Users/samuraicrow/Documents/workspace/llvm-trunk-build/tools/llvm-config/LibDeps.txt
 if necessary...
[ 73%] Checking for cyclic dependencies between LLVM libraries.
find-cycles.pl: Circular dependency between *.a files:
find-cycles.pl:   libLLVMAsmPrinter.a libLLVMXCoreAsmPrinter.a
find-cycles.pl: Circular dependency between *.a files:
find-cycles.pl:   libLLVMSupport.a libLLVMSystem.a
make[2]: *** [tools/llvm-config/FinalLibDeps.txt] Error 2
make[1]: *** [tools/llvm-config/CMakeFiles/llvm-config.target.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

That is the error I get when building with make -j2 on my Mac Mini.  (It is a
Core 2 Duo with 2 GB of RAM.)

I have been able to build LLVM with XCode projects created with CMake 2.8-3
before but when building Clang also, the build scripts take up too much RAM.
 (About 2.6 GB virtual memory not counting the usage by GCC to execute the
build.)  I thought I'd try building with Make instead to alleviate some memory
problems.  Is there something wrong with the bundled version of PERL that comes
with MacOSX 10.6.6?  Will building from the configure script fix matters at all?

Thanks for answering my questions,

--Sam Crow