[LLVMdev] Where is liveness analysis pass?

Zhanglin Liu way_lzl at sina.com
Wed Jan 12 23:16:59 PST 2011

Hello all

Currently I want to use the accurate liveness information when writing a *target independent* FunctionPass based on LLVM. The one I can find is LiveValues, a FunctionPass. But it doesn't use classic dataflow equation and can only provide approximate and conservative result. The another one is LiveVariables which use classic data flow equation, but it comes from Clang's analysis phase and only used in frontend.

My question is whether there is such a liveness analysis pass existed for FuntionPass?

Thanks for any suggestion.