[LLVMdev] include/Config/config.h discrepancies between CMake and autofoo builds

Óscar Fuentes oscarfv at telefonica.net
Wed Jan 5 09:58:59 PST 2011

Eric Christopher <echristo at apple.com> writes:

>>> Or cleanup both headers from unused stuff by Eric's
>>> suggestion?
>>
>> I'm not sure this is a good idea (not that it is bad either). Murphy's
>> Law says that a function that you remove today will be used tomorrow.
>
> I meant literally functions that aren't used in the codebase. No need to
> look for them if we're not using them.

Sorry, bad wording. What I'm trying to say is that if you remove a
function check just because it is not used by the codebase today maybe
some programmer will need that function tomorrow. And adding an autoconf
check is far from trivial, at least for those not familiarized with the
autotools.

IMHO removing configure checks because they are not used by the codebase
right now is not an improvement similar to removing dead code from the
C++ sources.