[LLVMdev] Announcing: LLVM 2.9 Tentative Release Schedule

Jan Sjodin jan_sjodin at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 04:05:37 PST 2011

----- Original Message ----

I have been working on my own stuff this month. This is still not the  "proper"
solution that has been proposed for MCJIT. I posted some  patches a few weeks
ago, but since there was no response I continued to  work anyway. I decided to
try and reuse the ELF code emission as much as  possible to be able to run gdb
on the generated code. By refactoring  the code for MCELFStreamer and
ELFObjectWriter I am now able to  generate code in memory and the code can be
executed and debugged with  dgb. With a bit more cleanup I believe it is
possible to get a "JIT" (it  generates code for a whole module) with just a few
hundred lines of  code. I'm not sure if this is what people want in general but
it works  for my application.

- Jan