[LLVMdev] attaching metadata to llvm::Argument

Florian Merz florian.merz at kit.edu
Mon Feb 21 08:18:12 PST 2011

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to retrieve information about signed-/unsignedness of an
llvm::Argument so I can print out it's value to the user properly. llvm itself
doesn't distinguish signed and unsigned and so llvm::Type is of no help here.
Checking for nsw/usw is only an unreliable approximation and only available
for llvm::Instructions anyways.

I tried to use debugging information (llvm::DIType) for this, but
getMetadata() is not available for llvm::Argument, only for llvm::Instruction.

Is there any other way to get at this information?

Regards,
 Florian