[LLVMdev] bytecode cache

Jochen Wilhelmy j.wilhelmy at arcor.de
Thu Feb 17 15:30:22 PST 2011

> I think the way to do this is to generate a shared library which you
> reload.  Shared libraries already handle the problems of PIC code and
> relocatable globals, so I think it would be best to leverage that.
yes, I also think that this is the way to go. By the way I always have a
complete
"module" that is fixed and therefore I don't need to extend the shlib.
One problem is how to load the shlib. I'd like to load it by hand and then
execute it as e.g. windows lacks real shared libs. The same as a jit
does but just loading the precompiled code and then executing it.

-Jochen