[LLVMdev] Building LLVM on Cygwin.

Csaba Raduly rcsaba at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 03:38:40 PST 2011

Hi Anand

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Anand Arumugam  wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM, NAKAMURA Takumi  wrote:
>>
>> Anand,
>>

>> I have not tried building llvm-gcc, though, ...
>>
>> Please show me "/path/to/config.status --version".
>
> [Anand] Here is the config.status output taken from '/cygdrive/c/llvm-2.8':
>
> ./config.status --version
> llvm config.status 2.8
> configured by src/configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.60,
>   with options "'--prefix=/cygdrive/c/llvm-2.8'"

> [Anand] The build has to be done from a different directory than the source.
> I was doing it from one level up. Whats wrong in the way I had it setup?
>
> So if I have given a different prefix other than the directory from where
> the build is done, then it will work. Is that what you are saying?

Hi Anand,
In your first mail, you wrote:

/cygdrive/c/llvm-2.8/src <--- contains the source extracted from the
llvm-2.8 tar ball.

With "--prefix= /cygdrive/c/llvm-2.8" you are dangerously mixing the
source and install directories.

I usually build from the Subversion, with the following setup:

$HOME/LLVM/llvm <- sources
$HOME/LLVM/build-release <- build dir
--prefix=/usr/local

Csaba