[LLVMdev] Building LLVM on Cygwin.

Anand Arumugam anand.arumug at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 10:19:00 PST 2011

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM, NAKAMURA Takumi <geek4civic at gmail.com>wrote:

> Anand,
>

> I have not tried building llvm-gcc, though, ...
>
> Please show me "/path/to/config.status --version".

[Anand] Here is the config.status output taken from '/cygdrive/c/llvm-2.8':

./config.status --version
llvm config.status 2.8
configured by src/configure, generated by GNU Autoconf 2.60,
  with options "'--prefix=/cygdrive/c/llvm-2.8'"

> I doubt you did configure with "--prefix= /cygdrive/c/llvm-2.8" and
> you were trying to build llvm on /cygdrive/c/llvm-2.8
> , ... it would be wrong.
>
> In common sense, build directory must be under your home directory or
> temporary directory.

[Anand] The build has to be done from a different directory than the source.
I was doing it from one level up. Whats wrong in the way I had it setup?

So if I have given a different prefix other than the directory from where
the build is done, then it will work. Is that what you are saying?