[LLVMdev] Question about linker error

Reid Kleckner reid.kleckner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 18:35:06 PST 2011

Guessing here, but I think the Codegen method is a "key" method.
Normally the compiler emits weak definitions for things like inline
functions, vtables, and other data associated with the class
definition, but if it spots a key method definition, rather than
duplicating all that crap in every translation unit, it will trust
that whichever TU defines any key method will emit the vtable and the
rest of the data.

See if providing a definition of Codegen in a .cpp file fixes your problem.

Reid