[LLVMdev] Bitcode not portable from linux to solaris?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Wed Feb 2 20:44:27 PST 2011

On 02/02/2011 19:53, Lally Singh wrote:
> To answer my own question.  The problem is that Solaris ships with
> very old tools, and llvmc was generating assembler that worked with a
> fresh (gcc-4.5) compile&  install.  I had them handy, just further
> down the path.  Hopefully anyone with the same problem can find this
> in the archive.

I think llvm isn't ported to Solaris i386/x86_64 yet. Particularly,
clang there prints the same data layout string as on linux assuming ABI
is the same when it isn't. So using your approach certain calls to the
externally compiled libraries will cause failures. Some simpler examples
may work fine.

Yuri