[LLVMdev] Is llvm correct outputting the same data layout on Solaris i386 as on Linux i386 ?

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed Feb 2 13:06:23 PST 2011

> So how do I figure out what is the correct layout string would be on
> Solaris-i386?
Read the ABI docs and construct the string. Note also that this is not
enough since bunch of stuff was lowered by a frontend in
target-specific way.

> stdlib structures? This depends on the calling code being aware of this. It
> its C++ code its supposed to know about this by itself from headers.
Right, but given that headers might be different the code itself might
do completely different things on different platforms.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov