[LLVMdev] Proposal for -filetype=obj full big endian support

Jim Grosbach grosbach at apple.com
Tue Dec 20 13:04:31 PST 2011

Hi Jack,

I would have expected the Mips backend to be using these routines (or more likely something on top of them) to emit the contents of the data and text sections and thus have the bit-twiddling done by these routines. I take it that's not happening?

Basically, this should already work without any additional infrastructure. If it's not, something is broken and bypassing the mechanisms they should be using to output data.

-Jim