[LLVMdev] clang with multiple input .c and .h files

Christine Cheng clcheng at stanford.edu
Sat Dec 17 16:18:55 PST 2011

Hello,

I would like to generate LLVM byte code for some .c and .h files in a
benchmark. Is Clang (or llvm-gcc) has an option for me to input
multiple c files and generate 1 byte code file?

I think generating byte code for each .c file and compile and link
them later is not a good idea since the programs are related to each
other.

Any suggestions about how I should do it?

gcc has a '-combine' option but it has been removed in the recent 4.6
release. Is clang not going to support that feature?

Thanks and happy holidays!

Christine