[LLVMdev] llvm/clang test failures on powerpc-darwin8

David Fang fang at csl.cornell.edu
Fri Dec 16 09:17:32 PST 2011

>> These results have far fewer failures than svn-trunk, and are also
>> comparable to bootstrapping with gcc-4.6.2, summarized here:
>> http://paste.lisp.org/display/126363
>> (Unfortunately, I no longer have the whole build/test log for the gcc46 bootstrap.)
>> This consistency between different bootstraps of the release gives me
>> some hope that g++-4.0.1 is yet usable.
>
> David,
>   Another alternative for darwin8 would be to bootstrap llvm/clang 3.0 using
> the clang from the fink llvm29 package (since clang 2.9 should build fine against
> gcc-4.0.1).
>            Jack

Hi Jack,
 	I never managed to successfully build llvm29 on powerpc-darwin8,
after running into some build issues, and having filed bug 9958, I got the
impression of ppc-darwin being "not supported", so I didn't put much more
effort into it back then.  However llvm28 did build, and I still have
it installed and hidden away.  (It looks like *someone* runs ppc-darwin
a buildbot, but not for darwin8.)  Knowing what I've learned so far, the
effort would be similar, perhaps even duplicate to just trying to fix
things directly with g++-4.0.1.  Time will tell, I suppose.

Fang

--
David Fang
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/