[LLVMdev] Trouble using the MCJIT: "Target does not support MC emission" error

Matt Pharr matt.pharr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 04:16:08 PDT 2011

I'm trying to wire up some code to use the MC-based JIT; my understanding is that it should be able to JIT AVX code (and that the regular JIT cannot).  However, I'm getting the error "Target does not support MC emission!" when I call EngineBuilder::create().  I assume that I'm just not doing something necessary for initialization, but I'm not sure what it would be--I am calling all of:

    llvm::InitializeNativeTarget();
    llvm::InitializeAllTargetMCs();
    LLVMLinkInMCJIT();
    LLVMLinkInJIT();

and the module I'm trying to load does have a reasonable target:

target triple = "x86_64-apple-darwin11.0.0"

I've attached a short test case that has the sequence of calls that I'm making and one of the bitcode files I'm trying to use.  I'd be happy for any guidance or suggestions.

Thanks,
-matt