[LLVMdev] Infinite loop when adding a new analysis pass

Junjie Gu jgu222 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 16:03:15 PDT 2011

I think I know what goes wrong.  LICM acutally requires another
transformation : LoopSimplify, which does not preserve MyAnalysis.  So
LICM first schedules MyAnalysis before running LICM, then schedule
LoopSimplify, but scheduling LoopSimplify causes MyAnalysis to be
removed because it is not preserved, And LICM keeps repeating this
schedule & remove, and thus infinite loop.

It's nice for LLVM to add mechanism to detect this kind of conflicting
requirements....