[LLVMdev] liveness question

Bill Wendling wendling at apple.com
Wed Aug 17 13:18:43 PDT 2011

On Aug 17, 2011, at 1:04 PM, shreyas krishnan wrote:

> Thanks Bill..Can you elaborate on which pass  the info  gets found and
> does it depend on adding livein to machine function in argument
> lowering or anything action during instruction selection.  Also does
> this live in info show in any dumps ?

The information is scattered throughout the code-gen modules. The live variables pass does some of it, etc. I would suggest looking at the passes in lib/CodeGen for specific information. As for what's live-in to a function, that's part of the ABI, which you will find in the lib/Target/*/ directory.

-bw