[LLVMdev] svnsync of llvm tree

Kurt Lidl lidl at pix.net
Wed Aug 17 11:36:26 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 08:47:45PM +0400, Anton Korobeynikov wrote:
> Hello Kurt,
>
> > lidl at hydra-146: svnsync sync file:///p/llvm/svn
> > Transmitting file data .......
> > [...]
> > ......svnsync: REPORT of 'http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm': Could not read chunk size: connection was closed by server (http://llvm.org)
> You cannot checkout the whole llvm repository. Only trunk or separate
> tags/branches.

Why can't I mirror the whole tree?

I'm not doing a "checkout" of the tree (i.e. svn co .../head), but rather
using the svnsync command (packaged with svn) to mirror the entire
repository.

I've done it with FreeBSD's SVN tree, which is very handy for having
lots of different branches checked out locally on a variety of different
machines.  The entire FreeBSD SVN repository for that is about 5.3GB, and has
224948 revisions in it.  (My mirror last updated yesterday.)

Outside of the LLVM SVN server choking on revision 67358 of the
tree (which appears to be size related and nothing else), the mirroring of
the entire repository was working just fine.  I got the first half
(by revision count) before this problem cropped up.

-Kurt