[LLVMdev] .so file creation for new passes on Visual Studio

NAKAMURA Takumi geek4civic at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 06:47:29 PDT 2011

Himanshu,

2011/8/17 Himanshu Shekhar <cs1090193 at cse.iitd.ac.in>:
> Thanks for the reply.Actually, I tried Cygwin to get things work on
> windows.Any idea how does it compare with MinGW?

  - "configure --enable-shared" provides capability of loadable
modules on cygming (with *big* llvm.dll)
  - cmake build does not.
  - MS development environments are supported only by cmake.
  - loadable module is not supported on msvc.

capability of loadable module depends on "export-all" and
"auto-import" features in gnu binutils ld on trunk.

...Takumi